A Letter from our moderator

Restrictions are getting stricter. The toll around us is getting heavier.
stephen
Site Admin

A Letter from our moderator

Post by stephen »

dennis.jpg
dennis.jpg (14.13 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Dennis Glover,

Hello My Grace Family,

In this season of Lent and Lenten sacrifice, My thoughts have been turning to shelter-in-place and social distancing. God created us to be social animals. Since we are supposed to keep our distance during this time of crisis this is difficult for many of us. How can we use this time of sacrifice to deepen our relationship with
God and our spiritual nature?

I am thinking of the time Jesus spent in the desert preparing for his Ministry and was tempted by Satan. Talk about social distancing! How are we tempted in this time of crisis? I am also reminded of the 23 rd Psalm, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for His names sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil for He is with me, Your Rod and your staff, comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surly, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.” Blessed is his word.

What you can do to maintain relationships? Use the telephone to call your friendsand family and your church brothers and sisters. Remember that they are feeling this isolation also and will be glad to hear from you. If you are in the need of prayer, reach out to Pastor Dave, myself, Stephen R, stephen@graceinsanjose.org or call the church office if you need someone to talk to or pray with you.

You can Pray:

Pray for the situation and people affected by it.
Pray for our political leaders that they will make the right and just decisions.
You can support the church by praying for the leaders that we will do what is best for the church and the church family.
You can also support the church financially. The bills and the staff must still be paid. Please send your checks to the church address below.
Keep checking our website. We will be posting thoughts and devotions.
Check our FaceBook page- Grace-Baptist-Church.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to keep you, our treasured church family safe.

You are in our prayers.
Dennis Glover
Moderator Grace Baptist Church